A VICTORIAN EASTER- Friday 30th March to Monday 2nd April
Back in Victorian days Easter was the biggest celebration of the year... even bigger than Christmas. This is your chance to relive some of the magic and excitement of an Easter in the Victorian age.
With special guests that will help to accurately recreate some of the most mysterious and unusual elements of Victorian celebrations, and every day life, this event will be An Easter 'eggstravagana' but not as you know it.
And of course thanks to our unique collection of historic North East locomotives and carriages you'll be able to travel just as real Victorians did too... don't believe everything you've seen on TV!
Visit us in Victorian attire and receive complimentary travel!
Join us during A Victorian Easter and enjoy;
- The Ran Tanners will be entertaining us with traditional, foot-tapping tunes from Georgian and Victorian England using Fiddles, Bagpipes and Squeezeboxes.
- Throughout A Victorian Easter, get up close to beautiful birds of prey courtesy of Durham Falconry and say hello to hawks, owls and falcons at Andrews House.
- On Good Friday, Hadrian Clog, based along the Tyne Valley in Northumberland, perform a wide variety of clog and hard shoe dances from the North East and England and beyond! Taking traditional steps and giving them their own 'Hadrian' twist, they pair them with their favourite folk tunes, performed on concertina, fiddle, guitar and melodeon.
- On Saturday, the Darlington Mummers will perform Traditional Mummers plays. Whilst ever light hearted they are careful to preserve the traditional play.
- Take part in the Easter Egg trail... can you find all the eggs and solve the clues?
- Children receive a FREE chocolate egg from our Station Master!
- Make sure to stop off for a drink (or two) at the Station Master's bar at Andrews House.